Alpaca City (ALPA) (founded in late October 2020) is a virtual world built on the Ethereum blockchain where users can manage their on-chain assets by collecting and breeding adorable Alpacas.
It is a miracle city where DeFi meets Alpaca NFTs. Every Alpaca has varied genetic traits which not only make it unique but also signify its ability to generate yields.
Alpaca City (ALPA) was launched in late October 2020. Alpaca City has achieved unprecedented growth with the following milestones:
- Ranked № 1 on Dapp.com & Dapp Review Gaming category according to 24h transaction volume
- Ranked № 3 in OpenSea collectibles category and № 9 overall based on 7-day NFT trading volume
- A total of 500,000 ALPA (~150K USD) were burned through breeding fees in the past 2 weeks
While they are working on ways to reduce gas spending by optimizing their smart contract, they see the need to explore different options that can reduce transaction costs significantly. Alpaca City was live on Binance Smart Chain on December 3rd, 2020.
The founders of Alpaca City discovered this Alpacadia by chance when they voyaged through the Blockchain Ocean. They encountered for the first time, the most mysterious and beautiful crypto-species, Alpacacino.
Those rare creatures are not only adorable on their own but can also generate yields through their unique Alpa Energy. Now as the foundation of the city has been solidified on the Ethereum blockchain and Binance Smart Chain, Alpaca City decides to open its door to the outside world.
The city is dedicated to providing fair distribution to its future residents regardless of the number of assets they hold while hundreds and thousands of Alpacas await their future shepherds.
Alpaca City is endeavoring to create a more accessible DeFi ecosystem by combining the power of yield farming and NFT. With a low barrier of entry, the city aims to gamifying yield farming so the amount of assets is not the only determinant of the yield.
Alpaca is a rare and fascinating species with a wide variety of genetic traits. Their distinct traits not only make each Alpaca unique but also signify their different Energy levels:
- lpaca Core ERC-1155 contract address on Ethereum: 0xC7e5e9434f4a71e6dB978bD65B4D61D3593e5f27.
- Alpaca Core ERC-1155 contract address on Binance Smart Chain: 0x060Dd632f7Dd45cb97A86376863D623d6756e848.
- The smart contract has been audited by Knownsec.
- New users may adopt their first Alpaca by participating in their NFT presale or buy one from Alpaca City Marketplace on Open Sea on Ethereum or Bounce store on Binance Smart Chain.
- By users letting Alpacas manage their assets, they will be eligible to receive ALPA, the essential utility token of Alpaca City, as a reward.
- ALPA will be distributed among all Alpacas in the Farm based on the amount of assets they manage and their level of Energy. The more assets they manage, and the higher energy they have, the more ALPA they will produce.
- Alpaca's Energy is set at birth, but higher generations of Alpacas tend to have higher Energy. This might be why most Alpacas quite enjoy making babies.
- Breeding does come at a cost, but Alpaca City will burn 90% of the fees collected, and the remaining will be rewarded to Alpaca City team to ensure the long-term sustainability of the project.
Citizens of Alpaca City will have the chance to own their one-of-a-kind Alpacacino and grow their own unique Alpa-herd.
Alpacas‘ genes are fascinating. They determine the various traits Alpacas have and make every one of them unique:
- Each Alpacacino has 12 different traits group.
- 10 of the 12 traits are discovered and are directly linked to our appearances and energy level, while the other 2 remain unknown to us.
- Among the 10 discoverable traits, each carries 4 genes - 1 dominant one and 3 secret ones. The dominant genes will determine the appearance and energy level.
- However, the 3 secret genes could be passed on to the Alpaca babies when you breed them. So don't be surprised when you find the babies look different from their parents!
Energy is very important. The energy level is one of the factors that determine how much yield one Alpaca can generate when you let them manage your assets in the Farm. Higher the energy level, the higher the yield. Every single Alpaca was born with a different level of energy, which is influenced by genes and GN (generation number). Each of these 10 traits, depending on the dominant gene, has an energy level of1 / 5 / 10 or, in some rare cases, 15.
People learned that Alpacas Energy = sum(Traits Energy) * Generation Factor, and in most cases, higher generation leads to higher generation factor.
AlpacaEnergy = sum(TraitsEnergy) GenerationFactor
In some very rare cases, energy = 2 sums (Traits Energy) Generation Factor. It is discovered that in some very specific gene sequences, Alpaca's energy level gets enhanced significantly. This rarely happens and the true reason behind this is still left to be discovered.
Breeding is the key to the long-term prosperity of Alpaca City. It is no secret that baby Alpacas in the City usually have higher energy than their parents, and thus they have a better capability in managing assets. However, as enticing as it is to make more babies, Alpacas do have some constraints:
- ALPA (the city's utility token) is needed for any two Alpacas to make babies. For each gen0 Alpaca, they need 10 ALPA to breed, this means the total breeding fee for two gen0 Alpacas will be 20 ALPA.
- After breeding, Alpaca tend to get tired and the amount of ALPA needed will be doubled if you make them breed again (with a maximum of 8x base breeding fee). This increase in breeding fee resets after 7 days.
- As Alpacas' generations get higher, they need more ALPA to breed.
- After breeding, it takes five minutes for the baby Alpaca to hatch.
- After a baby Alpaca is born, it needs 72 hours before it can breed.
- It is prohibited to breed with user parents and user children.
- Cross-generation breeding is allowed, but GN of the baby will be the minimum GN of either of the parents plus one. For instance, if an Almama has a GN of 6 and an Alpapa has a GN of 3, the baby alpa's GN will be 3+1=4.
The core NFT of Alpaca City 1.0, ERC1155 standard. Likewise, players need to deposit their own Alpaca NFT into the game smart contract before they can function in the game. Players can deploy alpacas to a defense squad and an attack squad, respectively.
- Defend squad: Each Land is equipped with an exclusive defense squad, where players can deploy alpacas to defend the Land from being hunted
- Attack squad: Each player has only one attack squad in the game, deploy and adjust the attack squad to increase your hunting success rate.
Alpaca City Roadmap
Community Governance & DAO
2020 to 2021
- Community Forum (completed)
- Snapshot Voting Portal
- Multi-sig for Community Governance Funds
- Recruitment for the core team
- Ambassador program
Changes to the LP Farm Reward Distribution
- Adding vesting schedule to LP Farm rewards
- Adjusting the reward allocation for the LP Farm and Alpaca Squad Farm
- Adding LP Farm feature on the BSC Alpaca City
Joint Mining Program with $SUSHI As Farming Bonus
- Now ALPA/ETH is already one of the pairs on SushiSwap’s Onsen program 20. We are working with the SushiSwap team to bring the best joint mining experience to the community. Once the integration has been completed, players will be able to farm $ALPA and $SUSHI at the same time from the LP Farm.
Alpaca City Boutique
- Energy drinks available for purchase
- Accessory NFTs to dress up your alpacas
Alpaca Expedition: Dark Castle - the First PVE Battle Game
- Alpaca Expedition: Dark Castle is the first PVE battle game in Alpaca City. The game will be played in a Rogue-like style. Players assemble their best Alpaca team to fight and win seasonal rewards.
Bank in the Alpaca City
- A vault feature in the Alpaca City that gamefies the asset management with Alpaca NFTs.
- PVP Game mode allows players to match with other players using Alpaca NFTs.
- Native Marketplace
ALPA: The Essential Utility Token
ALPA is the essential utility token in Alpaca City. ALPA holders can use the token to breed Alpaca NFTs, vote for community governance, and spend in Alpaca City Ecosystem. It has the following functions:
- Breeding: Power two Alpacas to make babies. 90% of the ALPA spent on breeding fees will be burned.
- Staking: Staking ALPA token to earn WOOL, which can be used to exchange Gen0 Alpaca NFT.
- Voting: ALPA Stakeholders can vote on community proposals and decide the distribution of the community governance fund.
- Spending: More features like Boutique will be released in the future to help gear up user Alpaca, increasing their energy while adding more utilities to ALPA. 90% of all fees collected to the protocol will be burned.
Circulating supply at launch: 2,930,000 ALPA. Includes:
- Token Pre-sale: 1,800,000 ALPA
- Community Airdrops: 50,000 ALPA
- Initial Uniswap LP: 1,080,000 ALPA and 600 ETH
Afterward, emissions happen when the Farm launches, starting at 37.5 ALPA tokens per block and halves every 4 weeks until it stabilizes after 24 weeks at 0.59 ALPA per block:
- 80% to the community via yield farming
- 10% to the community governance fund
- 10% to the Alpaca City team
Farm: Yield Farming with User Alpaca
Farm is a place for residents to earn ALPA. Users Farm ALPA tokens with their adorable Alpaca and breed little Alpaca with ALPA tokens to help them farm more. Citizens of Alpaca are natural ALPA farmers. There are two pools s in Alpaca Farm:
- ALPA/ETH Uniswap LP pool and Alpaca NFT pool. ALPA/ETH Uniswap LP Pool — 70% of farming rewards (50% on Ethereum & 50% on BSC)
In this pool, users stake in ALPA/ETH Uniswap LP token to farm ALPA. In addition to staking in LPs, users may choose ONE Alpaca (optional) to boost their farming yields. The more LP token users stake in, and the higher energy of the Alpaca Farmer, the more reward users will receive. Users' pool share will be based on LP Amount * Alpaca Farmer Energy.
- Alpaca Squad Pool — 30% of farming rewards (50% on Ethereum & 50% on BSC)
In this pool, users need to assemble their Alpaca Squad to farm ALPA. The higher the total energy of users Alpaca Squad, the more reward they will receive. Users' share in the pool is determined by sum(squad energy) * avg(squad energy). For the opening week of Alpaca Squad pool, users can stake in at most 10 Alpaca NFTs to farm. This limit will increase by 5 every week, and the max limit is 30.
Bank: Stablecoin Asset Management
The central bank of Alpaca City welcomes residents to deposit their on-chain assets in the vaults. The Bank manages funds efficiently by offering various strategies, aiming to offer the highest yield for Alpacacinos.
- Alpaca City Center (Homepage) — https://alpaca.city
- Alpaca City Hall (Discord) — https://discord.io/AlpacaCity
- The Alpaca Public Library (Github) — https://github.com/AlpacaCity
- Alpa Local Radio (Twitter) — https://twitter.com/CityAlpaca
- Alpa Community Center (Telegram) — https://t.me/AlpacaCity
- Alpaca Gallery (Instagram) — https://instagram.com/CityAlpaca
- Bulletin Board (Medium) — https://medium.com/AlpacaCity
- Alpaca City Digest (Newsletter) — https://alpaca.substack.com/
Did you find this article interesting?
Jul 21, 2022
Sep 21, 2022