Bella Protocol is a suite of products that aim to make financial products easily accessible to anyone. Bella finance products include automated yield farming tools, lending protocol, 1-click savings account, customized robo-advisor, and more. The protocol is incubated by blockchain project ARPA Chain.
Bella provides a full-suite of DeFi (Decentralized Finance) products, including an automated yield farming tool, lending protocol, 1-click savings account, customized robo-advisor, and more.
- The core concept of Bella's product design is 1-Click. It allows users to deposit and use high yield from sophisticated arbitrage strategies, either on-chain or via our custodian service. 1-Click implies zero gas fee.
- Bella Liquidity Mining bootstraps BEL tokens holders from DeFi (Decentralized Finance) and ARPA Chain community. It allows staking LP tokens of Curve pool, Balancer ARPA/USDC, and BEL/USDC for a reward.
- Bella Flex Savings features optimized arbitrage strategies across protocols for the highest yield and support for multiple cryptos and stablecoins. Flex Savings projects had to be released in November 2020. Several audits suggested that the first version of Flex Savings had no major vulnerabilities. However, Flex Savings v1 is a test-in-production type of product with the risk of losing 100% of the fund deposited. That is why the Bella team made a decision to implement a major upgrade to Flex Savings v2. Therefore, Flex Savings v1 will not be deployed to Ethereum mainnet, rather it will be deployed to a sandbox environment of Ethereum fork (mainnet snapshot). Security audit reports are also going to be published. Flex Savings v2 is going to launch in the middle of Q1 2021.
- Bella Lending suggests a flexible decentralized money market, liquidity mining, referral bonus, supports liquidity pool tokens.
- Bella Robo-Advisor offers user risk profile customization and customized exposure to cryptos, indexes, and yield-earning stablecoin.
In August 2020, Bella Protocol raised $4 million in seed funding. This round was led by Arrington XRP Capital, the investment fund started by Michael Arrington, founder of Techcrunch and Crunchbase. Other investors include Alphabit, a leading European venture capital fund, David Namdar, co-founder of Galaxy Digital, Laurenz Apiarius, founding partner of BlockWall Capital, Ben Gorlick, ex-Head of Product at Blockstream, Koi Ventures, Force Partners, RockX, CGS Dubai, N7 Labs, CoinBene, Amedeo Capital, AlphaCoin Fund, Bitblock Capital, BlueHill Capital, Roark Fund, Yunshang Capital, Consensus Labs, and many others.
Bella Protocol was audited by Peckshield in September 2020. According to Peckshield release, "Overall, these smart contracts are well-designed and engineered, though the implementation can be improved by resolving the identified issues, including 3 low-severity vulnerabilities, and 1 informational recommendations."
In September 2020, Bella Protocol was selected as the first project to participate in Binance's Launchpool, where users are able to stake their Binance Coins, BUSD or ARPA tokens into three separate pools to farm BEL tokens over 30 days, starting from September 9, 2020. In addition, Binance then listed $BEL on September 16 and opened trading for BEL/BTC, BEL/BNB, BEL/BUSD and BEL/USDT.
On October 16th, DEGO Finance announced the whitelist mechanism for receiving DEGO NFT airdrop on Binance Smart Chain (BSC). Bella Protocol was one of the five projects on BSC supported by DEGO. Top 500 BEL token addresses by holding balance on BSC were whitelisted for DEGO NFT airdrop. NFTs can be used for $DEGO farming, or traded in Dego NFT market.
On October 20, 2020, one of the biggest Korean exchanges, Coinone, announced to list BEL and open BEL/KRW trading pair. BEL is available on top exchanges such as Binance, BKEX, MXC, HBTC, Hotbit. Listing on Coinone brings better liquidity, trading depth, better access, and global awareness for Bella and holders.
- Idea Generation
- DeFi Product Research
- Team forming
- 1st Community Survey
- DeFi Lending Product design & Prototype
- 2nd Global Community Survey
- $BEL Liquidity Mining
- $BEL Airdrop for $ARPA holders
- Bella APP Launch
- Flex Savings v2
- Bella Lending v1 Launch
- User Growth Campaigns
- Bella One-Click v1 Launch
- Bella DeFi Robo-advisor v1 Launch
- Other Additional Features
- Potential Stablecoin Release
BEL is the governance token in the Bella ecosystem. The total supply of $BEL is 100,000,000.
- Fee Collection - A majority of transaction and service revenue of the network will be used to reward long-term stakers/liquidity providers.
- Discount - $BEL holders have service fee discounts, similar to exchange platform token such as Binance Coin. For example, custodian service for DeFi (Decentralized Finance) protocols and robo-advisors charge a percentage of the profit. That number decreases when paid with $BEL.
- Staking - As the total amount of $BEL in circulation increases in the first two years, staking helps $BEL holders to offset the inflation as well as to vote for network changes.
- Voting and Governance - Bella is an ever-evolving DeFi ecosystem. Users with staked $BEL can vote for potential product upgrades, new releases, and parameter fixes.
Airdrop to ARPA Community
In September 2020, the Bella Protocol Foundation decided to conduct BEL airdrops to ARPA holders, in multiple tranches. The total amount of airdrop tokens is 2,000,000 BEL, which is equivalent to approximately 6.5 million US dollars based on the market price. This replaced the planned $BEL auction with 2% token allocation. The whitelist for the first batch of exchanges included Binance, Huobi, Bithumb, Gate.io, KuCoin, MXC, HBTC. The snapshot of a user's ARPA holdings was taken daily on partner exchanges from Sept 30 to Oct 15, 2020.
Bella Liquidity Mining
Bella Liquidity Mining started on September 28, 2020. The initial set of pools were Uniswap LP token pools, and users needed to obtain the Uniswap LP token by providing liquidity for BEL/USDT, BEL/ETH, ARPA/USDT on Uniswap and then stake the LP token on bella.fi to get BEL rewards. The goal of BEL liquidity mining was to distribute BEL tokens in a fair way and to attract the first batch of supporters. The tokens will be later used in governance and voting, fee discount, staking, etc.
- Arrington XPR Capital
- Alphacoin Fund
- Koi Ventures
- Ledger Capital
- Tensor Investment Corporation
- N7 Labs
- Quest Capital
- The Force Partners
- HBTC Labs
Did you find this article interesting?