Collaborative Fund is a venture capital firm focused on providing seed and early-stage funding to technology companies. It is a network of fund managers investing across asset classes, identifying and supporting companies.
Collaborative Fund was founded in 2010 by Craig Shapiro, the firm is based in New York City and manages approximately $100 million of investor capital. Its portfolio includes Kickstarter, Lyft, Neverware, Quora, Blue Bottle, and Reddit.
It is a leading source of capital for entrepreneurs pushing the world forward.
At collab Fund, Collab = (people x stuff) + new technologies^creativity
The VC ha supported diverse ompaniies and startups in different niche around human's existence including-
- Climate: Examples include (AlgiKnit, Brimstone, Commonwealth Fusion Systems, Dandelion, Kula Bio, Lyft, Mango Materials, Modern Meadow, Noon Energy, Perennial, Quaise, Span, Socar, Therma, Zitara, among others).
- Food: Examples include (Benson Hill, Beyond Meat, CookUnity, Daily Harvest, Fork & Goode, Foxtrot, Good Eggs, Immi, Magic Spoon, OLIPOP, Omsom, Prime, among others).
- Money: Examples (AngelList, Camino Financial, Dreambound, Kickstarter, LTSE, Spruce, Step, Tagomi, Tala, Taxbit, Teamshares, Upstart, among others).
- Kids: Examples include (Brave Care, Mighty, Lovevery, OK Play, Osmo, Sawyer, Outschool, Yup, among others).
- Companies: Examples include (AngelList, Camino Financial, Dreambound, Kickstarter, LTSE, Spruce, Step, Tagomi, Tala, Taxbit, Teamshares, Upstart, among others).
This is the cryptocurrency investment niche of the Collaborative Fund ecosystem-- supporting early-stage projects building the next generation of financial infrastructure, culture, and human organization.
The platform has supported diverse project including:
- Bright Moments
- HolaAplx, etc.
Its investment portfolio ranges from Pick&Shovels, to Layer1, DeFi, to NFT/Culture.
In 2014, Collaborative Fund launched a $10 million joint investment vehicle with Line, a Japanese messaging service.
In early 2016, Collaborative Fund partnered with Sesame Workshop to form a $10 million joint fund, aimed at investing in startups focused on education, health, and social welfare for children.
Recent Project Fundings
Collaborative Fund led AlgiKnit's $13M Series A. AlgiKnit is a seaweed-based materials company helping create a cleaner future through sustainable yarn and fibers.
The venture capital also supported Verne, a climate tech startup providing high-density, low-cost, lightweight hydrogen storage for zero-emission trucks and other heavy transportation. Verne was also featured in Bill Gates’ recent GatesNotes on hydrogen.
Did you find this article interesting?