George Fox is the co-founder and COO of ARC, a Web3 tech company, focusing on revolutionizing Web3 through its AI-powered Reactor, comprehensive DeFi ecosystem, and dApp store. He also has a diverse portfolio ranging from military operations to tech startups.
In 2005, George Fox completed his BScEcon at Aberystwyth University, majoring in International Politics & Military History. 
George started his career in April 2006, by working as the Operations Officer at British Army, for 6.6 years.
- His way of instantaneous problem solving and effective force protection was provided to the civilians and military personnel during high pressure stabilisation and combat operations, by heavily contributing to overall mission success.
- He was responsible for $455m AUM in Regional Command South West and for a comprehensive pre-deployment training package for 150 soldiers.
- He also worked as an integral part of the headquarters element in Afghanistan, undertaking often simultaneous technical planning for time sensitive operations in a highly complex, high risk environment. During operations in Afghanistan, he co-operated and liaised throughout with other departments, headquarters elements and international coalition partners, allowing the most effective use of support assets available for combat operations.
In September 2012, he started working as the Operations and Plans Manager at Salama Fikira for more than 2.5 years.
- During his period at SF Group, George liaised with external agencies to provide the necessary personnel and equipment required. He ensured smooth running and efficient operations within the company and briefing the CEO on a daily basis, while establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with clients, agents and Vessel Masters.
- He assigned consultants the task to ensure timely deployment, and arranged visa applications & licenses to ensure the smooth embarkation and disembarkation of the Security Teams.
In July 2015, he started as the HSEQ & Operations Manager (CSO & DPA) at Severn Offshore Services Ltd.
- He Coordinated and supervised the preparation, implementation, evolvement and revision of the Integrated Management System (IMS). He was the creator and risk owner of company policy and procedures.
- Creation and submission of tender documentation, maintain and update Planned Maintenance System, coordination of contractors for vessel maintenance including payment, recruitment and crewing of vessels, including due diligence, HSEQ Auditing, ISO Accreditation Audits and Policy, logistical and store requests ensuring sufficient equipment provided. These tasks constituted his responsibilities for a duration of 2.9 years as HSEQ & Operations Manager.
Later on, George started to work remotely as the General Manager in April 2018 at Severn Offshore Services Ltd, for 2 years.
- He continued his responsibility as HSEQ & Operations Manager
- Management of the P&L and operational budget in an incredible dynamic and fiscally constrained industry
- Management of 2no owned vessels and a total of 16no other vessels on behalf of subcontractors
- Develop and lead business developments strategy. Chartering manager duties including tendering for work along with customer facing negotiations with both brokers and clients.
- Managing company accreditation processes including ISO 9001:2015, 14001:2015, 45001 and 31000.
- His tenure as General Manager at Severn Offshore Services saw a turnover increase from £250,000 to £8.2M in three years.
In April 2020, he started served as the COO of DePo (Defunct) and worked for about 2 years.
- It is a multi-market aggregator company that reached over 50,000 lifetime users and generated over $200,000,000 in volume, listing on Gate.io and several other exchanges.
- Reaching a fully diluted market cap of $330m, and a total market cap of over $650m.
Overall, George Fox has shown expertise in operational management, business development, strategic planning, and team leadership throughout his career.
In March 2022, he co-founded ARC along with Tj Dunham, and started serving as its COO. George brings mix of military and business experience to ARC. As COO, he specializes in providing structure and organization to increase ARC’s output and efficiency.
He instructed a 27-member cross-functional (product, engineering, sales, support) team and integrated with 6 business partners toward the successful launch of a Web3 SaaS model GUI platform.
He transformed ARC from a $200K market cap project to a $300M at an all-time high through strategic fundraising initiatives and grants management.
Expanded customer base from 600 IDO participants to 6,500 individual private investors in 3 months.
Implemented SaaS model for scaling and migrating Web2 & Web3 developers.
Manage an annual operating expenditure (OPEX) of $662,000 to ensure the organization's financial health and long-term sustainability.
Led a 4 month innovation strategy to incorporate AI into ARC's DeFi Ecosystem and Web3 Software Platform.
Ensured data protection and provided HR support in compliance with GDPR & HIPAA, as well as maintaining a 92.3% retention rate since July 2021.
Developed & maintained integrated management systems in accordance with ISO 9001, 14001 & 31000 as well as all company policies, and procedures.
In terms of additional certifications, he received
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety from NEBOSH in February 2018.
- Certifications in BOSIET from OPITO
- Operator CPC from OCR.
Did you find this article interesting?