Igor Barinov Is an award-winning Blockchain expert known for pioneering developments in Blockchain-enabled notary. He is a serial entrepreneur who co-founded Block Notary. He is also the co-founder of POA, the first Ethereum-based public network with Proof of Authority consensus, reached by independent validators.
Igor Barinov is currently a project manager of POA Network, a foundation that launched POA Network, which is open, permissioned, and public Blockchain network based on Ethereum protocol with Proof-of-authority (PoA) consensus reached by independent, pre-selected validators. Igor devotes all his time to innovating around Blockchain scalability and making open networks more affordable for businesses.
Prior to POA Network, the developer and serial entrepreneur co-founded Block Notary, a notary for the digital age built on Blockchain technology. Data records produced through Block Notary products can be used as self-authenticating evidence based on State of Vermont’s Blockchain application law. He also developed the first Know your customer (KYC) application recognized by the state. Concurrently, he built several closed PoA-based networks for various businesses. Insights from these experiences laid a foundation for POA Network project.
Igor holds more than 16 blockchain and computer programming accolades and won Blockchain hackathons at the Consensus, Texas Bitcoin Conference, BitHack, and Distributed Trade. He also holds 12 professional certifications in programming and data science as well as deep learning in the design of memory networks, implementation of generative models, design and training segmentation systems and neural translation systems from the University of San Francisco. Igor graduated from Russian State Technological University with a degree in material science, studied computer science at Moscow State University and attended Blockchain University.
Lomonosov Moscow State University (MSU) Computer Science (2005 – 2007)
- University of San Francisco , Deep Learning II (2017 – 2017)
- Russian State Technological University named after K.E. Tsiolkovsky (MATI) Material science (1998 – 2003 )
- Co-Founder at Block Notary , Employed on May 2016 till Date (4 yrs 7 months) Located in the United States . Blockchain enabled mobile products: Timestamp (Proof of Existence), Interview ( Know your customer ), Journal (Electronic Notary Journal).
- Also a Tech Lead in POA Network Organization, Employed Apr 2017 till Date. Open, public, permissioned network based on Ethereum protocol with Proof-of-authority consensus by independent validators. Public notaries with active commission license validate blocks and secure the network.
- CTO/Cofounder in Forcera OU a Comany Located in Estonia, Employed in 2018 – Present . Сonstruction sites Inspection by drones and progress recording in a blockchain
- Ignor is also a Blockchain Consultant in Acronis a Company located in Singapore, Employed in 2016 .
- Data Engineering Fellow at Insight Data Science , Located in Palo Alto, CA. He was Employed on Jun 2015 to Sep 2015 .
- CTO, Cofounder at Profit Button , a Company Located in Tel Aviv, Israel. Employed on Oct 2013 – 2015 .
Honors & Awards
- Winner of Consensus 2016 Hackathon
- Winner of Wanxiang Blockchain Labs grant ($5,000)
- ChangeTip at BitHack
- Winner of Texas Bitcoin Conference Hackathon
- Winner of Philips HealthSuite Hackathon
- Best Use of Aerospike Technology on Developer Week Hackathon 2015 ($700)
- Winner of Atrocity Watch Humanitarian Hackathon
- Finalist of Ford Connected Car Hackathon ($5,000)
- Best Smart Things application award on Toyota ITC Hackathon
- 1st place on FabLab Hackathon
- HP Enterprise Security Products Hackathon 1st prize winner ($1,500 prize)
- Best IoT Solution ($10,000 prize)
- 1st place on CER Internet Entrepreneurs Prize ($36,000 prize)
- Best mobile app - "Blood Donor" ($10,000 prize)
- Best app about a city - "Coloring City" ($17,000 prize)
- Winner of Consensus 2017 Hackathon.
- Method and system to change properties of an interactive element during scrolling, Floating element system and methods for dynamically adding features to an application without changing the design and layout of a graphical user interface of the application, System, and method for verifying data integrity using a Blockchain network, System and method for file authenticity certification using Blockchain network, System and method for file time-stamping using a Blockchain network.
Did you find this article interesting?