Stoner Cats is an adult animated short series accessed exclusively by owning a collectible Stoner Cat NFTs. Users can be able to buy Stoner Cats NFTs and can use those tokens to access the comedy cartoon online.
Stoner Cats was created by the animation team of Chris Cartagena, Sarah Cole, and Ash Brannon, and developed by Mila Kunis' Orchard Farm Productions, the series follows five house cats who inhale medical Marijuana after their owner (voiced by Jane Fonda) accidentally drops it into the fireplace.
A Stoner Cats NFT gets users to access to watch exclusive content from the Stoner Cats animation team in perpetuity. According to the creators, the NFTs are a way for fans to "engage directly with the content they want to watch and be a part of the content creation process."
The show not only traffics in technological concepts but also demands that viewers apply them. To actually unlock the first episode, users need to buy an NFT depicting Fefe, Hamilton, Dave, Baxter, Reginald, or Lord Catsington.
That will set the user back 0.35 ETH ($785), making it just slightly more expensive than a movie ticket and popcorn in New York City. Users then connect your Ethereum wallet, such as MetaMask or Rainbow, to the Stoner Cats website to access the video.
Stoner Cats NFT
Stoner Cats NFT holders also get access to other content and potentially a whole lot more. If the project sells out of its initial 13,420 tokens, production company Orchard Farms and NFT enthusiasts Big Head Club say they will create a Decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) that permits token holders to participate in the development of new animated series.
Stoner Cats NFTs represent the first opportunity for fans to directly fund content they want to see. The money raised goes directly to the people behind the show and allows them to continue making more episodes.
Stoner Cats: A Direct-to-NFT Cartoon
Stoner Cats is a direct-to-NFT Cartoon that allows Fans to Participate in the Creation Process. Mila Kunis, an American actor, and producer, has capitalized on the cryptocurrency craze with her animated series Stoner Cats, which can only be accessed by fans who own a show Token (non-fungible tokens, or NFTs) of the show's characters. Tokens were priced at 0.35 ETH ($785) at launch and sold out in just 35 minutes, raising $8.4 million.
The film Stoner Cats follows an old woman named Ms. Stoner, whose five cats become sentient after she consumes medical marijuana to treat her Alzheimer's disease.
The show stars Kunis with other American actors Ashton Kutcher, Jane Fonda, and comedian Chris Rock, as well as Vitalik Buterin, the Russian-Canadian co-founder of Ethereum, signaling that the cryptocurrency's creators are looking into more popular applications.
The direct-to-NFT model gives fans a direct avenue to support their favourite creators over corporations that don’t inspire similar loyalty. An encoded royalties system means the NFTs’ creators get 2.5% each time their design is resold.
To give the fan-owner community some creative control over their investment, Orchard Farms, the production company behind the project establish a decentralized autonomous organization that allows token-holders to vote on and propose new projects.
Stoner Cats Settles SEC Charges with $1 Million Fine
The creator of the Stoner Cats animated web series has agreed to pay a $1 million civil fine to settle charges brought by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for conducting an unregistered offering of crypto asset securities. The SEC argued that these NFTs, which granted holders exclusive access to watch the series online, were akin to securities that required oversight. As part of the settlement, the company also agreed to destroy all NFTs in its possession. Two SEC commissioners opposed the action, calling for clearer guidelines for artists and creators experimenting with NFTs.
The creative geniuses behind Stoner Cats are Chris Cartagena, Sarah Cole, and Ash Brannon. Together they have amassed years of experience working on movies such as Toy Story 2, Happy Feet, Surf's Up, The grinch, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, and Space Jam: A New Legacy.
- 1% sold Co-Creation & Community
- 10% sold : Co-Creation , Bi-weekly community calls with POAP badges
- 20% sold : Giveaways , First 2,000 Token holders will receive a special POAP token.
- 50% sold Movie Poster , We will release a Movie Poster NFT for Season 1, claimable by every token holder.
- 65% sold : Co-Creation: Exclusive Access (Behind the scenes access to the creation process. Will include regular storyboarding sessions with the creators)
- 70% sold Giveways: Physical Collectible (20 randomly selected Token holders will receive a custom-made and signed physical collectible)
- 75% sold : Season 1 + Stoner Cat Merch (We'll start work on completing Season 1 which will include approximately 5 more episodes. Token holders will be able to watch the future content created)
- 80% sold : Co-Creation: Voting (Token holders participate in the content creation process, including voting on story elements for emerging episodes)
- 90% sold : Co-Creation: Sponsorship NFTs (Can only be purchased (and won) by Token holders. Think product placement but for the everyman)
- 100% sold : Co-Creation: Animation DAO (Big Head and Orchard Farms commit to co-developing a DAO with TOKEn Holders that exists to develop at least one new animation project a year for the next three years).
Did you find this article interesting?