The Sevens is a collection of 7000 algorithmically generated pieces of art with references from pop culture, anime, games, memes, and movies. The collection focuses on streetwear such as shirts, hoodies, headpieces, and more. Holders will be able to use their Sevens in the upcoming treasure hunt or order their Sevens swag in the official Sevens store.
The collection was launched on September 7, 2021, with a mint price of 0.07 ETH and sold out in 8 minutes.
The Sevens resale began on September 4, 2021, and ran until September 7, 2021. During this period there was no need to rush as all allocations were reserved. Each wallet could mint two NFTs.
The team decided to limit the number of NFTs minted per transaction for the first 7 minutes to one NFT. Once the 7 minutes had elapsed, the max mint amount per transaction was increased to 7 NFTs and this remained until the supply is fully distributed.
On the day of the sale, 1ethSHOP, a user account, started minting The Sevens NFTs through the smart contract on Etherscan rather than through the official website. This feature was purposefully enabled by the developers' team to allow more flexibility for collectors. 1ethSHOP found a vulnerability in the smart contract that allowed them to mint 1000 NFTs, while other users were unable to mint even one due to the gas fees.
After the wave of negative comments on social media, in an official Medium apology, The Sevens team recognized that something had gone wrong with their public sale event. The apology dropped hours after the news broke on Twitter. According to the text, The Sevens reached out to 1ethSHOP and managed to strike a deal with him. The apology goes on to explain that 1ethSHOP was actually a huge fan of the collection. In fact, that’s what pushed him to undertake such actions and snatch 1000 NFTs. In an effort to mitigate the negative effects of his actions, 1ethSHOP offered to return 500 of the NFTs to the official The Sevens marketing address. According to the team, these NFTs are to be distributed through an airdrop.
To eliminate the negative reaction that followed after 1ethSHOP minting 1000 NFTs at once, the Sevens team decided to distribute 500 NFTs, the amount that was sent back by the user, to the community via an airdrop. According to the team's Medium post, the drop will be done in the form of a raffle/lottery. Each unique wallet address from 20,000 addresses with either failed or canceled transactions will only be eligible to win once. There will be two separate draws - on September 14 and September 16, 2021.
- The Sevens rarity data will be added to Rarity.tools as well as Rarity Sniper.
- Launch of the Sevens online shop for clothes, masks and accesories.
- With the treasure hunt concluded, work on Season 2 will start.
- The team will be looking and reaching out to potential collaboration partners.
- Season 2 launch. Season 1 holders will have priority minting (amount TBC) as well as active community members.
- The Sevens to launch an incubation program working with artists that have a passion for making unique art pieces and fashion attributes. The community treasury will help fund future projects chosen by the community.
- Development and release of The Sevens DAO with $SEVEN token airdropped to all holders proportionally.
- Launch of Season 3.
- The Sevens collection will be deflationary through a unique mutation mechanism.
On September 8, 2021, The Sevens #6100 with rare astronaut helmet, 2 Sevens tattoo, space background, and celestial aura sold for 23 ETH ($80,492) on OpenSea. On September 9, 2021, The Sevens #2969 sold for 19.7 ETH ($68,028) on OpenSea.
Did you find this article interesting?