Alex Mashinsky is Founder and CEO of Celsius Network. He is a Venture investor, Serial entrepreneur and Tech Innovator.
Alex is a prominent Israeli-American Entrepreneur who has founded several companies over the years, including GroundLink, Transit Wireless, Elematic and Arbinet.
He has authored over 50 patents that cover aspects of the Smart Grid, Ad exchanges, Groupon, Twitter, Skype, App Store, Netflix streaming concept and many other top performing web companies. He is even considered to be one of the early developers of VoIP.
Currently, Alex is a Founder and CEO of Celsius Foundation, created in 2017. Besides, he continues to serve as a Managing partner for Governing Dynamics since 2004.
Prior to that, Alex was a Founder and Chairman for Transit Wireless from 2003 to 2016. In 2014-2015, he worked as a CEO and Board member for Inseego (formerly Novatel Wireless).
In 2013, Alex served as a Board member for Tellabs. Previously, he was a Founder and CEO of GroundLink, a global transportation provider.
In 1987-1989, Alex studied at Tel Aviv University and received B.S in Economics. Prior to that, in 1980-1982, he was a student of Open University of Israel and graduated with B.E in Electrical Engineering.
1. Alex was nominated to be a finalist for the 2002 and 2011 Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
2. InterContinental Magazine had selected one of Alex’s companies as their Top Venture Firm of North America based on its transactions and its portfolio of ideas and companies.
3. Alex was listed in the Business Insider’s "The Silicon Alley 100: New York’s Coolest Tech People" in 2010.
4. Alex, as head of LimoRes, was selected as one of Crain’s Top Entrepreneurs in 2010.
5. LimoRes was selected as one of America’s fastest growing companies in 2008.
6. Alex’s VoIP innovation was recognized by Internet Telephony magazine in its list of Top 100 VoIP Communications.
7. Alex was a semi-finalist at the HBSC 2002 Awards.
8. Alex’s company, Arbinet-theXchange was selected as “Best B2B for Telecommunications” by Forbes Magazine.
9. In 2001, Alex received the prestigious Einstein Technology Medal. It was presented to him by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
10. Technology Foresight Award from the Wall Street Journal and WCA at the International Telecommunications Union’s Telecom ’99 event.
11. In 1997, Alex received the “Star of the Industry” award from the Computer Telephony Magazine for building the world’s largest PC switch and the world’s first soft-switch.
Alex is married to Krissy Meehan Mashinsky since 2011.
Did you find this article interesting?
Jul 22, 2022
Jul 22, 2022